Friends of The Chase
Who We are and What We Do
- Friends of The Chase is the parent teacher association for The Chase School and is run by volunteers from the staff and parents.
- As a parent or guardian of a child at The Chase you are automatically a member of Friends of The Chase.
- We are the charity that raises funds through events and donations to provide extra facilities and equipment for the school, as well as bursaries for students.
How to get involved with the Friends of The Chase
- We have about seven meetings throughout the year, plus an occasional extra meeting (often in a local pub!) to discuss big events such as the Christmas and Summer Fairs. Last year, we had a big push to recruit new members to help us and we are extremely grateful to those who joined us for the support they are already giving us with running events. However, as we all lead such busy lives, not everyone gets to every meeting and we still need new members to keep the ball rolling.
- If you are unable to make it to our meetings you can still help us!
- Working with the Friends of The Chase in a school of this size means that our regular fund raising events such as the Summer and Christmas fairs require willing helpers and we are always amazed at how many (parents and teachers alike) turn out each time to give us support on these days. We are really grateful for this and without your support the events would not run so smoothly.
- If you would like any more information about the Friends of The Chase please contact: email@example.com
Any student wishing to attend a course, special event, or something which helps with personal development is eligible for a bursary. During the past year we have provided up to £125 to help individual students to attend a wide variety of courses.
Here are just a few examples: a tennis coaching course, an orchestral workshop, a musical development course, a physics course at Nottingham University, a sailing course and a Guide trip to Mexico. What a wide range of interests The Chase students have! Please write to us (via main school reception) if you would like to apply in this form or email us at the address given under the “Contact” tab at the top of the page. Alternatively, you may contact us directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org.